Plug your details in here to find out what is required next!
The Role: Team Administrator
The Term: 12-month fixed term, covering maternity leave.
Salary: Competitive Remuneration
Rua Bioscience is looking for a Team Administrator to join their team for a 12-month fixed term covering maternity leave.
The role is at the heart of everyday operations – the glue of the office! The person in this role will ensure that everyday business interactions run smoothly and the cogs in the wheel are well oiled.
The Team Administrator is the go-to person who makes things happen, has exceptional customer service, and a positive, proactive spark.
The responsibilities are diverse, and include providing:
- Outstanding administrative support to the team with interactions across all departments,
- Organising events, coordinating travel, accommodation, and itinerary requests
- Leading and coordinating staff inductions and whakatau
- Ordering office equipment, stationery, supplies, IT devices, and coordinating deliveries.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, attendees, venues and catering
- Organising and monitoring of building maintenance and cleaning requirements
- Lead the company fleet maintenance system– coordinate all rego, warrant, repair requirements
- Provide administrative support to the Health and Safety Committee
Rua Bioscience is looking for someone with:
- 3+ years previous office administration work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to resolve issues quickly whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle and deliver on competing deadlines
- A strong team player with ability to work independently and proactively
- Tech savvy, with ability to pick up and learn new computer systems quickly
- Proficient Microsoft Office 365 skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A commitment to adding value and a passion for continuous improvement
- Flexibility and adaptability – nothing stands still and processes are always evolving – so being able to adapt to the changing needs of the business is vital.
- Confidence, reliability, and approachability – responding to requests in a friendly and efficient manner
The Gizzy Local take
This is a pretty exciting time to get involved with Rua Bioscience! For the past six years they’ve been laying the foundations for a medicinal cannabis business. Now in 2022 they are getting down to business – making the medicine and getting it on pharmacy shelves here in New Zealand as well as overseas.
By all accounts Rua Bioscience is a super interesting place to work. Rua Bioscience staff talk about the fun working environment and a non-hierarchical workplace culture. You get to work amongst a real melting pot of people, with scientists, accountants, and growers all in the mix.
Most roles in Rua Bioscience are highly specialised, so this Team Administrator role offers someone a great opportunity to get an insight into a fascinating industry still in its early stages of development with a company that is quite literally making history!
- The Team Administrator will be working with the Executive Assistant. Her management style is open, team-orientated and collaborative. She encourages ownership of tasks so that once a task or project has been designated, that person is left to get on with it and deliver.
- Ideally this role is full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm with ½ hour for lunch. There is a little bit of flexibility to be able to work from home on an adhoc basis.
Rua Bioscience is one of those rare companies that was founded upon the good stuff. The founders of Hikurangi Enterprises (the forerunners to Rua Bioscience) set out to restore economic and environmental health to the land and people of Ruatorea. Support for their growers and and whānau and promotion of regenerative agriculture is central to everything Rua does.
Oranga – Wellbeing extends to the customers for their product, their staff and wider industry as they seek to influence global practices in a field where such ethics are not often held to be paramount.
Mauitanga, which they describe as ‘Business as Unusual’ means they celebrate learning and curiosity, innovation and courage and importantly in these times, they have hope for our future.
Whakawhanaungatanga and Ponotanga,- diversity and integrity of relationships and collaboration, are central to Rua’s culture.
These guys are creating real opportunities and positive change for our own communities here in the Tairāwhiti. If this all sounds like a bit of you, link through to more detail and the portal to apply below!
Plug your details in here to find out what the employers need from you to apply.